We pick you up at 04.30 AM from your respective hotels. We leave Cusco at 05.00 AM passing through the towns of Izcuchaca and Limatambo arriving at Mollepata where we will be at approximately 08:00 AM. There we will have our breakfast and then we will deliver 05 kilos to our carrier.
We board the bus from Mollepata to Marqoq’asa for 1 hour, then start the trek to the viewpoint where we can see the snow of Humantay and Inca gutters. Then we will continue for 3:30 hours to the point of lunch and camping at Soraypampa.
Marqoq’asa and Soraypampa (14 km. 5 hours)
Humantay Lagoon: Ascent and visit to the Humantay Lagoon located 4220 m.s.n.m. The ascent is done in 1:20 minutes and the descent in 40 minutes.
Our tea time is approximately at 6:00 p.m. and then we will go to our dinner at 7:30 p.m. Finally we will go to our tents or sleeping tents.
Beginning at 5:00 am we will go for breakfast and then continue with our walk at 06.30 am, making a gradual ascent of 4 hours to the point of Salkantay Pass located at 4650 meters. On that route we can go through two important points of history (Salkantay-pampa and Soyroq’ocha). We will make a small offering with coca leaves to our pachamama and apu salkantay, and we will talk about history and religion of the Incas.
We will thn make a descent of 2:30 minutes to the Huayrac-pampa lunch point where we will stay for 1:30 minutes. After lunch, we continue the walk from 4100 masl to 2900 masl for the time of 3:30 minutes. All this journey is in jungle terrain, arriving at the camp named Chaullay, where we will have our tea and dinner.
We will have our breakfast at 6:00 am, then walk around 5:30 hours through our jungle eyebrow with flat ascents and descents. We will appreciate coffee plantations, orchids, begoneas, bromeliads and many natural plants used for medicine, arriving at our lunch point Playa Sahuayaca. After lunch, we will take a transport to Hydroelectric station and then walk for 3 hours to the hot springs, where we will spend the night in a hostel and have the last dinner in a restaurant.
We will get up very early in the morning to visit Machu Picchu, where we will have a guided tour of the citadel of Machu Picchu and visit temples, terraces, palaces and platforms. Then you will have time to take pictures and explore on your own.
You will return to the town of Aguas Calientes to wait for your Expedition train at 6:20 PM
Note: If in case you have Machu Picchu or Huayna Picchu mountain you would be entering the first schedule from 6AM – 8AM and second schedule from 9AM – 11AM
(Not included in the Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu mountain package)
The following required transportation services are included in the tour:
• TOURIST TRANSPORT Cusco – Mollepata trip approximately 2h and 30 minutes.
• Transportation Mollepata – Challacancha, approximately 45 minutes trip.
• Transportation Playa Sahuayaco – Hydroelectric
• TOURIST TRANSPORT Ollantaytambo station – Cusco (Plaza regocijo)
Entrance ticket to the Inca city of Machu Picchu
The schedules we work with are the TRAIN EXPEDITION OF 18:20
We have camps established in each CAMPING PLACE, within which:
• In Soraypampa: We have rustic cabins, with mattresses 13cm thick.
• In Chaullay: We have spacious rooms with personal beds so that passengers can enjoy during their small stay in each place.
The accommodation that we include in the package is a BASIC HOSTEL in the town of Aguas Calientes.
• All rooms have a private bathroom and private shower
• Hot shower.
• Takeaway Breakfast Snack (Includes Frugos, cheese, biscuit and 01 fruit sandwinch)
• If you wish to book your own hotel or work with a specific hotel, let us know in order to coordinate the details.
• Maximum load of 5KG per passenger on horseback
• Official Tourism Guide – Certificates in DIRCETUR with a minimum experience of 3 years. Groups larger than 14 people are accompanied by a SECOND GUIDE (Maximum groups of 18 people).
• Cook specializing in high mountain cuisine – HAS A UNIQUE STEEL HOUSE.
• Horsemen and horses to carry all camping equipment, kitchen.
• 5 kilos of the personal belongings per passenger – inside the passenger luggage will also include the weight of their sleeping bags.
All meals required during the tour are included.
All the food we offer is BUFFET SERVICE (Except for the fourth lunch and fourth dinner that are in tourist restaurants)
• 03 Breakfasts
• 03 lunches
• 02 snacks (Soraypampa, Chaullay and Santa Teresa – Includes Chocolate – mate – coffee – milk – tea –Poc Corn – Cookies)
• 03 dinners
• We wake you up every morning with
• Oxygen (Oxishot)
• First aid kit (Only generic, it is necessary that the passenger has their personal pills)
• Communication radios.
Lunch during the last day.
Entrance to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain 20 USD
Service and extra expenses.
Sleeping bag 15 USD
Trekking poles 15 USD
Passport (Note: Requires for the entrance of Machu Picchu).
Warm clothes for the night
Waterproof clothes. Flash. Hat. Several shirts
Plastic rain poncho.
Water purification tablets.
First aid kit.
Student card (if applicable).
Additional soles or dollars.
Original passport or ID
Trekking shoes or walking shoes
Thick jacket or coat
Hat or cap
Refillable water bottle (can buy water at some point of the trek)
A good raincoat
Long sleeve t-shirt
Pants and short pants
Sunscreen with SPF 40 UV
Sunglasses, plastic bags
Personal towels and sandals
Photographic camera, extra batteries
Extra money (Peruvian currency preferred)
Sleeping bags (ask our staff about the sleeping bags for rent)